Who doesn't want their shanty to be a bit savvy, a bit clever, creative, a bit sensible, sharp and ingenious?! But hey, let's face it, most of us are living on a shoestring. Here's how I'm doing it my way, making our nest a Savvy Shanty.















Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Sit and Stay Awhile

And stay awhile.....

Welcome to my little 'ol Savvy Shanty.  My spot in the world where I can unleash my creative juices in all shapes and sizes. Hope you will drop by every now and then and check out what is going on around here.
Latest project was this bench, given to me by my Grandparents over 10 years ago. From day one, I had plans of painting it. Once I got my hands on a can of Annie Sloan chalk paint  http://www.anniesloan.com/, that was all she wrote! I was off and running. This really is the best paint in the world!
Here is the before:
And the after:

The paint color is Louis Blue, a bit distressed, Antique White watered down, brushed on and swiped off and clear wax. The letters were cut from my Cricut and stenciled on. I mixed some black acrylic with a little Antique White and dabbed it on.

Enjoy,
ginger

Linking up to:




3 comments:

Serendipity Chic Design said...

Wow...That transformation is drastic obviously for the better! I love the color you chose and seeing that I am a huge fan of signs, I think it is great that you added the "sit" embellishment....

Thanks for linking to "Meet Me On Monday"...

Take care,
Lisa

nbeltane said...

adore this bench.

Tammy said...

What a great piece of furniture! You did a terrific job! I too homeschool!:) I am your newest follower. Hope you can visit me sometime soon at http://homespunhappenings-tammy.blogspot.com/2011/07/time-gone-by.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...