Who doesn't want their shanty to be a bit savvy, a bit clever, creative, a bit sensible, sharp and ingenious?! But hey, let's face it, most of us are living on a shoestring. Here's how I'm doing it my way, making our nest a Savvy Shanty.















Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Iron Butterfly

A quick little project to bring a little taste of spring to these cold winter days. This is a frame I picked up at a garage sale last fall. It's been sitting in my to-do pile. I knew what I wanted to do with it moment I grabbed it. It was a side by side frame. Time to mix it up a bit.
I wanted to have it hang rather than sit for a couple of reasons. First, most houses only have so many places to "sit" photos and with the rising popularity of gallery walls, I thought I could kill two birds with one stone. First I attached a loop of burlap to make a hanger but when held up,the frame wouldn't quite lay flat. I grabbed a small plate that was purchased at Home Depot, drilled a couple of holes and screwed the plate to the back, across the hinge area. This made the whole thing hang nice and flat.


 A couple pieces of some vintage inspired scrapbook paper of lepidopteras. A nice little sign of spring during these cold winter days.

Hope you enjoy! Let me know what you think!

3 comments:

2LilPrincesses said...

love your blog!!! :) I found it through the link up at Pink Cricut!
I'm your newest follower! Would love for you to check out my blog! www.scrappin2littleprincesses.blogspot.com
Candace

STARDUST said...

So cute! You seem to be very creative! Can't wait to see how your blog grows!
Love, Olga
www.stardust-decorstyle.blogspot.com

Pink Cricut said...

Ooh--I like this!! Such a great idea, and I love the vintage look!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...